Sunday, September 27, 2009

From Kody:

From my blue book. Reasons I love Dad:
  • The way he desperately tries to get rid of my blankey
  • "Kody Tyler Newton reporting for pay sir!"
  • How he talks and flirts with all of the girls that call me
  • The way he reached for his belt when he was going to punish you
  • The intense golf games we had (and how he never made me pay when I lost to him)
  • The way he holds on tight while riding roller coasters
  • How I was walking into the red bathroom one morning and he suddenly woke up and said, "Oh, sh%$@!"
  • That night we stayed up late playing golf on the Nintendo
  • When he leaves his comfort zone for me
  • "Bonding"
  • Daily pork chops
  • The old 50's music we listened to while texturing the ceiling
  • "Never in my life did I ever think I would ______" (the way he always told us he never thought he would do something right before he did it - Blue Jays baseball game, Disneyworld, Hong Kong, etc)
  • Grocery shopping with him because we got pretty much whatever we wanted
  • The way he doubted but still laughed at my answering machine messages
  • How I could read his mind sitting next to him on a bench in the Sacred Grove
  • His love for cashews (and willing to share)
  • How I could always trade him my quarters and dimes for dollar bills
  • Tuna and crackers
  • Slow motion fighting
  • How his favorite movie is "The American President"
  • How he's always scared to go bowling with me because I'll beat him
  • How he always went outside to smoke
  • When he made KAYSI always pop the white pores on his back
  • His big construction dreams (backyard, bathroom downstairs)
  • The stories he would tell me of the old days (necking under the bridge in Moab)
  • His principles on how boys should never hit girls
  • The punishments when I did
  • When he'd offer me Coke...only when I felt like I was going to throw up
  • The photo where he looks more like Superman than I ever did
  • "Cotton picker!"
  • "16 tons, whadda ya get?"
  • The times he let me take the Celica
  • The fact that he's always the last one to open a present on Christmas day
  • How he used to hide his Coke underneath his desk in the den
  • How he always referred to the movie "Mr. Baseball" when I would slurp my noodles
  • How the first time I saw him run was to catch our tee time
  • His Elvis obsession
  • How he's the fastest to ask for directions
  • When he talked trash about his 3 point shooting skills
  • His desperate attempt to teach me table manners
  • How good of a driver he is (and how much he wanted me to be, too)
  • His voice when he prays
  • How his whole cd collection was the Titanic soundtrack
  • The R rated movie we would watch once in a while
  • The way he would gamble for us (with our money) and never won anything for us
  • The blessing he gave me before the state track meet
  • How he still wears my Rock Springs All-Star hat sometimes
  • His Coke decorations in the red bathroom
  • When he bought me Star Wars Episode 1 on video
  • How he got up around 6:00 am to go the Palmyra temple dedication with us
  • His willingness to always lend me a tie (and his bad taste in ties)
  • His claim to be the only Wyoming State Champion in the family
  • His attempt to switch from Coke to Sam's Choice
  • Golden Corral
  • His love for those black licorice candies
  • How he sat on the stairs until I fell asleep (when I was transitioning to sleeping in my own bed)
  • His big huge towels he used to call "his"
  • How he was so nervous about getting his patriarchal blessing
  • The one letter he sent to me on my mission
  • The look on his face on Christmas day when he realized he was debt free
  • How he was my chaperon when I got married and he was as nervous as I was
  • The epic golfing duel while everyone was watching on the second day of the Newton Cup
  • How he always tells me that they have Creamies in the freezer
  • The way he laughed during "The Bucket List"
  • How he sings "Yankee Dankee Doo" when he is holding my kids
  • The way he teased me about getting my 52 inch TV instead of his 37 inch
I love you Dad

No comments: